Boilermakers Finish Tied for Third at Big Ten Match Play
PALM COAST, Fla. – The Purdue men’s golf team dropped a close semifinal match and tied in the consolation match to end up tied for third at the Big Ten Match Play Championship held at the Hammock Beach Resort in Palm Coast, Fla.
The Boilermakers held a late lead against Indiana in the semifinals, but couldn’t hold on as the Hoosiers rallied for the victory. Purdue and Indiana tied two matches, but won at Nos. 2 and 3 to edge the Boilermakers. Andrew Farraye recorded Purdue’s lone win with a dominating 6-and-5 win over Clay Merchant at No. 5.
In the tie with Iowa, Joe Weiler and Nick Dentino posted victories at Nos. 1 and 2 and Farraye tied at No. 4. Weiler and Farraye led Purdue with 2-0-1 records during the event, while Nick Dentino went 2-1-0.
The Boilermakers will host the elite Puerto Rico Classic, beginning next Sunday in Puerto Rico.
 Indiana 3,  Purdue 2
1) Joe Weiler (P) tied Drew Salyers, 18 holes
2) Mitch Davis (I) def. Cole Bradley, 7-and-5
3) Noah Gillard (I) def. Nick Dentino, 3-and-2
4) Luke Prall (P) tied Ethan Shepherd, 18 holes
5) Andrew Farraye (P) def. Clay Merchant, 6-and-5
 Purdue 2.5,  Iowa 2.5
1) Joe Weiler (P) def. Ronan Krau, 1-up
2) Nick Dentino (P) def. Gonzalo Leal, 2-up
3) Mac McClear (I) def. Luke Prall, 3-and-2
4) Andrew Farraye (P) tied Callum Macfie, 18 holes
5) Garrett Tighe (I) def. Nic Hofman, 5-and-4
Herman Sekne at the Jones Cup Invitational
Meanwhile, at the Jones Cup Invitational at Ocean Forest Golf Club in Sea Island, Georgia, Purdue sophomore Herman Sekne recorded a 2-under par round of 70 to move up 29 spots to a 10th-place tie at even-par 144 after 36 holes. Sekne entered the event ranked No. 258 in the World Amateur Golf Rankings and the players ranked ahead of him after 36 holes are Nos. 63, 28, 119, 203, 96, 215, 14, 107 and 50. He leads 21 players that are ranked in the top 100 of the WAGR rankings.